We see the relationship between family and academy as two way. We promise to:
- Provide a safe and inspiring place for your child to learn and grow
- Prepare their lessons thoroughly and to mark work promptly, giving constructive feedback so they can improve
- Keep you updated on your child’s progress, as well as on things happening in the academy
- Supply reading record and home books, which we will check and sign each week
- Recognise and reward good effort and achievement
- Encourage our pupils to take an interest in extracurricular activities.
In return we hope you will support us by:
- Insisting on high standards of behaviour from your child, based on respect, courtesy and consideration for others
- Encouraging good attendance and punctuality – and making sure your child arrives at school in their uniform and properly equipped for the day ahead
- Not taking your child on holiday during term time
- Ensuring their home learning tasks are completed, and checking and signing their reading record or home book each week
- Attending our regular parent/teacher progress meetings
- Getting in touch with us if you suspect there is a problem.