By the time your child leaves E-ACT Blackley Academy at the end of Year 6, it is our intention that they will be:
- Secure in their ability to relate to their peers and to adults
- Able to apply their learning to different contexts, drawing on the knowledge and skills they have acquired across the whole curriculum
- Confident in taking the initiative in their learning and in their engagement with others
- Resilient, thoughtful and adaptable, on their way to becoming an inspired learner
- Passionate about their learning and eager for new experiences
- Highly literate and numerate – and able to transfer these skills to new contexts with confidence
- Able to articulate their views clearly, both speaking and in writing
- Well-equipped to become leaders in their new Academy community
- Able to use ICT (information and communication technology) with confidence in all areas of their learning.
Boosting the aspirations and achievements of young people.
Our academy is sponsored by E-ACT, the national education charity that seeks to improve the aspirations, learning, achievement and personal development of young people. E-ACT has great experience in setting up high-achieving new academies, with 13 already open and several more in development.
E-ACT Blackley Academy will share the qualities of E-ACT’s existing academies, which include:
- Outstanding leadership and management, and a relentless pursuit for excellence
- Teaching and learning that is routinely good, if not outstanding
- Confident, lively, enthusiastic learners who demonstrate exemplary behaviour
- Curriculum opportunities that enable learners to build on their experiences and personal development
- An ethos that fosters unity, nationhood and citizenship based on respect for people from all backgrounds
- The ability to act as a learning centre for the whole community, promoting cohesion
- Being at the forefront of educational developments
- Offering professional development opportunities for all staff.
Learn more about E-ACT.